Jessica & Nathan was that wonderful couple that wanted to do their engagement session in the snow. Remember? Ya, they are awesome. I was so excited to photograph their wedding at the Oregon Gardens in Silverton. Here are the ten reasons why I thought this wedding was fantastic…
- It did not rain. It threatened, but luckily during the important parts (like the ceremony and photos) the clouds kept a lid on it.
- Instead of a unity candle or unity sand they did a unity tree planting.
- The flower girl was soooo excited to be part of the wedding and her laugh was contagious. (She handed out pedals to everyone after the ceremony.)
- Any wedding that breaks out one of my all time favorite games, Corn Hole, has my approval. Nathan and his dad built a Corn Hole game for each groomsmen.
- I love the toasts and everyone did an awesome job sharing stories. I have to admit that Jess’s brothers definitely stood out though, their toasts were very funny.
- Jessica had a first look with her brothers and dad which I thought was really cool. They were so happy to see their little girl in her beautiful wedding dress.
- Garden Gnomes. That’s all I’m going to say… and only the groomsmen and myself will know what that means.
- Jessica’s friend made origami earrings for the bridesmaids to wear and she made glowing origami for table decorations.
- For their first dance they did a choreographed dance to “Time of My Life” …With a lift and everything!
- Jessica & Nathan’s love for each other, their family and their friends. It shined through the whole day and made you feel lucky to just be a part of the special day.
Jessica and Nathan- Christiane and I had a wonderful time documenting your wedding. I’m so grateful you asked me to be your photographer. I wish you the best of luck and a lifetime of marital bliss. I hope you enjoy the photos.